You can apply to the Committee of Adjustment to:

  • adjust a property boundary
  • create a new lot
  • apply for a minor variance to Guelph’s Zoning By-law
  • extend land uses that existed before the City passed its current Zoning By-law
Learn more about applying to the Committee of Adjustment

Before you apply

To help us process your application as quickly as possible, please submit a preliminary zoning review form
Before submitting a residential application for consent or minor variance, we recommend a Preliminary Zoning Review. This is especially helpful if you don’t know which regulations may apply to your property.